Coastal Workforce Development Board
The Coastal Workforce Development Board is a unique group of private/public community leaders charged with planning and oversight responsibilities for workforce programs and services in the 10-county region. The CWDB brings together leaders from the private sector, public agencies, education, labor and community-based organizations to focus on the regional labor force, regional economy and the local community needs.
Board members are appointed by the local elected officials with a majority of the representation coming from the private sector.
The Board is responsible for creating a 4 year Strategic Plan, implementing and evaluating the regional workforce system and providing oversite to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance program coordination and service delivery of WorkSource Coastal operations
- Understand the skill needs of the employers in the region, identify gaps between these needs and current workforce, and to work to close these gaps
- Ensure a qualified workforce is ready, willing and able to meet the needs of the regional business customer
- Renew partnerships with regional private sector, education, training and community development partners to maximize integration and impact of services and to eliminate gaps and redundancies in regional workforce development efforts
- Youth have the academic and job readiness skills required by regional employers
- Employers have the skilled workers they need to remain competitive
WorkSource Coastal, a department in the City of Savannah’s Community & Economic Development Bureau is CWDB’s Administrative Entity and Fiscal Agent. All grants and contracts are entered into with the City of Savannah on behalf of the CWDB.
|Board Member Name||Locality Representing|